Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What's with the cages?

A friend asks, "What's with the caged dogs?" Here in Taiwan, for the most part, you are very unfortunate to be born a dog, cat, chicken etc. Most animals are treated as things. The dogs that are on the loose are very tough. I have old three legged dogs with scars getting around okay. I have seen dogs hit by trucks run away into the woods. I really feel for the dogs in the cages though. Sometimes I'll pet puppies in a cage and they love it. They are starved for attention. It's hard to walk away.

Not all dogs or cats are treated this way. My family here has a poodle, Polo, who is on the other end of the spectrum. He is an old blind spoiled dog who is fed some snacks from the table, top of the line dog food, goes on scooter rides to the park so he can do his morning routine and gets baths and his teeth brushed.

There are many dogs and cats here like that. Now chickens, that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home