Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday Morning

The manapua woman cooking jeam baos....yum... our breakfast.
Mr. Dong asks "Lianka?" Or two to go? It is sad. They will close their business forever February 16, 2007.
The orchid trees look great in the winter. Are they blooming in Hawaii too?


This morning Annie or Li-Wen and I or Asuyia, took a bike ride. This is my second day or riding a bike and my knee seems to love it. I limp less and don't want or need to use the cane - it's great! Before going we got our breakfast next door from the manapua or bao man and woman. I love the jeam baos - the fried ones with bamboo and cabbage in the center, and the lido baos - not fried but with slightly sweet mashed green bean in the center.

Later we went to B&Q to pick up stuff for the house. It's approaching Chinese or Lunar New Year and everyone cleans their houses, cars, scooters or whatever. Big money in cleaning products at this time of year. Being in the B&Q reminded be of the Home Depot in Hilo...



We bought a thing to clean the walls, a NASA material pillow, a rack for the bathroom and a bathroom mat. We brought it all home on the scooter. Scooters are amazing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just letting you know I have read quite a bit of your blog. needed to catch up, still need more catching up, but its the end of the day and I am getting tired. I am glad your knee feels better on the bike. We go to the gym and I also go on the bike and hopefully building muscles around knee, that is what they say works most for arthritis, so your using muscles instead of knee joints. we will see right?
I will get back to the parts I did not read this time soon. Keep them coming, I truely enjoy reading this.Love Judy

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home