Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Nice Saturday

Here is Annie and Pa Mei on are way to Taichung. We are excited about our window shopping through the "electronic" area and "Lunar New Year" area.
Pa Mei on the ride in Taichung. This is the Lunar New Year or Real New Year market. I was getting a massage from a blind person shortly after this photo. Look in the back ground and you'll see a sign that has a 100 on it. It cost 100 NTD for 10 minutes. I had 20 minutes from Number 12. She was good.


I think Pa Mei is tired after our window shopping...I feel like daddy and it's a nice feeling. But I know when we get home her real parents will take her. Both a little sad and a lot happy about that.

The bicycle riding is proving to be good for my knee. The muscles around the knee build up and support the knee.
Below is my "crew" making sure the bike ride goes okay.
It's Saturday and this was my second beginning of Winter Break. I'm back in Changhua and had a really nice good day. It started out with a bicycle ride on a new bike, continued with a train trip to Taichung, a large city about 30 minutes by train from here, and ended, so far, with dinner and a drink with the family.

It was really nice to hang out with Annie and our niece Pa Mei or Mei Mei (younger sister) as she is called.

I'm going through some culture shock again. Sometimes I just want to go home. Most of the time I don't want to leave. I have felt some of the anger that the culture shock articles describe but so far I catch it early and recognize it. The anger is about "Why do they have to do it this way?" or "HUH!" It seems that just recognizing it diffuses it. I hope so. I'd hat to think I was letting it build up inside and then you'd read about me in the CNN world news....just kidding, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home