Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's not haze but pollution from China

Okay, so I thought the haze in the air on my temple visit written about yesterday was just haze. Then I read this article in today's Taipei Times. I wonder what's in the Chinese pollution.? One thing is for sure, the products made for consumers that produced the pollution are headed to a store near you \ us.


EPA issues air quality alert. The Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) issued an alert yesterday about worsening air quality in the wake of pollutants accompanying recent cold fronts. The fronts have brought pollutants originating from southern China, EPA forecasters said. According to officials, air quality in northern Taiwan was at its worst in several months on Sunday. Southern Taiwan is also expected to be affected by worsening air quality over the next two days. Officials said this could create difficulties for people with allergies or respiratory problems, and urged anyone affected to avoid going outdoors or to wear a mask if they must go outside.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it, interesting and great pictures. I heard they make canes with flasks in them!!
I'll check back regularly
Aloha,
Mary

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home