Monday, January 22, 2007

Three more teaching days and some photos


A view from the 89th floor of Taipei 101, currently the tallest building in the world.
A picture in a traditional restored residence in Taichung.
These are a few photos friend Dennis took in Taipei, Changhua and Taichung.

Well there are only three more teaching days until Winter break! I am ready. I will miss most of the students though and the routine. But I'm going to love the break. When we return February 26, there will only be 4 months of school left until Summer break.

During winter break we're just going to hang around here and explore southern Taiwan. They say there are some places in the south similar to Hawaii. I'd like that. I'll also be spending time in our Taichung flat. Taichung is the third largest city in Taiwan with about 3 million people. It also has many museums, movie theatres, restaurants and stuff like that. I'm looking for a job there for the next school.

Lunar New Year begins February 19. I'm looking forward to that. Should be many days of eating and drinking. But first there is the "New Year Cleaning."

2 Comments:

Blogger teamfunbaby said...

february 26!!! what a break.
also your camera takes kicking pictures...
thanks for all your comments..always appreciate them...
so is this the new year that connects with the chinese new year? year of the boar...that is what cirtter will be!!!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a request to take a picture of the tallest bldg from the street so we have a view of both ways.I briefly went through allthe pictures, I am going to take a break this weekend and start reading all your articles I look forward to reading them.
Love, Judy & John

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home