Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Life Cycle of a Butterfly in a 2nd Grader's Mind

I've been teaching second grade English as a Foreign Language and recently we've been studying butterflies. On the final test one of the second grad girls came up with this for the life cycle. Pretty cute and pretty amazing. I think it would be amazing for someone with English a their only language. This kind of stuff makes me happy to be a teacher.

I love this piece for several reasons. The butterfly emerges and says "Hi" They get married, have an egg, then die and become "angel" butterflies and then end up in God's hospital. Not bad for 2nd grade with English as a Foreign Language.

2 Comments:

Blogger teamfunbaby said...

love the married reference and the hi! so cute!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know i got caught up on your blog. Very nice.
AS i said before, I realy enjoy it.
I love knowing what your new adventures and life is taking you.
Makes me want to continue mind.
someday..Love, miss you, Judy

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home