Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Helen Keller

This is my afternoon class working on their book reports. In the past few months I've been reading a short version of "Helen Keller." They love the story.

It amazes them how Helen learned to talk and listen by putting her hands on a person throat and mouth. Also, seeing with her hands was a big hit.

I wonder if they'll remember the story in a couple of years. I don't remember much or anything about first grade. Do you?


Here one of my students shows Helen reading Braille.

3 Comments:

Blogger teamfunbaby said...

is red the outfit? i mean school dress code?

5:16 PM  
Blogger teamfunbaby said...

llove the drawing!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Teacher Gerald said...

Yes it's the uniform, they have many. But they don't wear them every day.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home