Friday, April 11, 2008

Hsaio Liuchui and thoughts




Vase rock on an early morning walk.

Fish farm nets, I think.




We went on a trip to an island off the west coast of southern Taiwan. It was fantastic. Clean water and air, fish and country feeling and a nice time with Annie. The island reminded me of home in Hawaii.

Life is going well here in Taiwan. My job is challenging and rewarding. The first graders are really something. Kids are the same throughout the world. The schoolwork load that they have here is quite extensive. We just finished our mid-term reading and science exams. Yes, I gave the first graders a midterm. It was 13 pages and had 100 answers. One class took 2 hours and the other about 1 and half hours. The scores ranged from 83% to 100%.

Ummmmmm, I don't recall taking a test let alone a 100 answer midterm in early elementary school. Of course, I don't remember doing too much about that time but I do remember some things. Nap time, magnets, getting spanked, Sally and Jane, Dick and Spot, blocks, bird eggs and Mrs. Mansfield who didn't seem to like me, baseball and running away from school a couple of time, oh and a girl who played the violin.


No sunburn please.

1 Comments:

Blogger teamfunbaby said...

you are getting better and better at photogrpahy, your photo of the lizard and annie is super cool, plus it seems you two are going on some awesome excrusions. wahoo

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home