Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving away from home

Thinking about past Thanksgivings and they were wonderful events with friends and family - always. I'm a bit lonely this year. Many times the day was spent with Paul and Marganne, Shannon and George and which ever woman I was dating at the time. What memories.

This year on Thanksgiving I will be working. There is no Thanksgiving holiday in Taiwan. It is hard to get a Thanksgiving meal here except for the Turkey and Rice place. But it really isn't the meal, it's the people you are with that matter.

This year I will be with co-teachers and 2,4, and 6th graders. It's all part of living in another culture. Working on the holidays is not a fun part of this culture for me. In 8 weeks we do have Lunar New Year and Winter Break.

On Friday I will have Thanksgiving dinner with the neighbors Hans a German man who speaks fluent Chinese and his wife Tina a Taiwanese-Chinese woman. There will be two American couples there too. I haven't met them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home