Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thinking Relationships

Meet Sam and Joseph - not their real names. Their real names are in Chinese and I don't know what they are. I teach them private class on Saturday when I'm back in Changhua. Very smart and willing to try which is more important than smart. Here we are playing "Moon Mission" brought to you by Gemini observatory in Hawaii and Chile. This game certainly facilitates speaking English.



I don't think they wanted their photo taken while I was "pondering."




I've been doing a lot of thinking while back in Changhua. Yesterday I went by bicycle to the nearby park and thought about Lin Li-Wen and I, and, life in general. The first think I pondered about was how I have a great gift. That gift is the time and awareness to be able to ponder. So I am sort of self-actualized I guess. So I ponder about how I impossible this situation is with Li-Wen. Currently, I travel once a weekend,almost, to Changhua. Then travel back to Taipei. We live our weekend life - but she is working. So, I told her this morning that I was dumping her - NOT. I told her that I knew her better and more deeply when I lived in Hawaii and she came to visit and I came to visit here. It's true! So where do we go from here?

We need to set things up our way. You know, it's funny, but we are really a couple of kids when it comes to relationships. She is 45 and I'm 51. Still kids though. I think it has something to do about not having kids. Having kids makes you grow up...

After our talk, here's the tentative plan.

I finish this crazy contract at this crazy school - 3 months and one week. Not so long, but seems very long. We move to Taichung where we have an apartment. I work for the Future Heir Bi-lingual school for 5 years. She gets time to reinvent herself. We buy land and the apartment in Fuli and Taitung. On breaks we go there and set up private classes. I search for a job at an elementary school. She surprises us with whatever her reinvention turns out to be.

Of course, ALL THAT COULD CHANGE IF WE'D JUST WIN THE TAIWAN POWER BALL LOTTERY....

BUT SERIOUSLY, TO BE GIVEN THE TIME TO PONDER IS A WONDERFUL GIFT. I ONLY WANT TO USE IT WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home