Friday, August 03, 2007

Hawaii Brief

I'm here in Hawaii - wonderful. I've been to Oahu (Honolulu), Kauai and now I'm on the Big Island.

The highlights, this is what I appreciate about being back - the fresh trade wind air, friends and the unique color or light that I see in Hawaii.

This is what I miss about Taiwan- my honey, my honey and the culture and some of the food. I've already started to gain back the 20 lbs I lost since I've moved to Taiwan - it's the cheese I think. Or the potato chips (I also have a strange desire to ride a motor scooter).

More later with photos.

4 Comments:

Blogger teamfunbaby said...

hey gerry , have fun camping, ti rocked seeing ya! aloha!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read a handful of your posts...sorry to hear you went thur some nasty homesickness...My wife is also Taiwanese, we meet in Japan and currently live in Fukuoka...however we often talk about moving to Taiwan. Any advice on finding a job?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Teacher Gerald said...

Hi Nathan, to get a teaching job in Taiwan you usually need a BA. Teaching certificate and teaching license will increase your income and choices. This website is one of the best for job searching "Teaching English and living in Taiwan" http://www.tealit.com/ad_categories.php?language=en§ion_id=29&subsection_id=3&content_mode=2

Good luck. PS I'm over the home sickness after a fabulous visit to Hawaii.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Teacher Gerald,

My name is Mark and I am heading to Taiwan in September to teach English. I was checking out the various opportunities and I saw an opening in the Future Heir school. Any insights you could give me would be greatly appreciated and I will gladly buy you a beer when I get there.

Sincerely,
markweathers@yahoo.com

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home