Thursday, April 09, 2009

Rice is Nice

On my scooter ride home the other Monday morning I noticed how nice the rice looks at this time a year. The color is very GREEN even in the morning haze - yes it is haze - I think. It could be pollution from mainland China but I don't think so.

There is a certain secure feeling about seeing rice like this all over Taiwan. Food. This is really where it comes from, not from the store. It reminds me of when I was a kid and seeing the vast corn fields all over northwestern Ohio. I have more appreciation for it now.





1 Comments:

Blogger teamfunbaby said...

hey did we watch future of food with your class on GMO's? we watched it today in my social studies class...and so seeing your blog reminds me of how important food production is...is there rice varieties etc?
hope you are well out there!!! it looks beautiful and LOVE seeing the pcis again...got your email and of course!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home