Monday, May 07, 2007

Severe Homesickness

Saturday after noon I got hit by a huge bout of homesickness. It's the first time that it was so severe. The feelings are depression, alienation, a bit of hopelessness, melancholy, airline ticket price shock and craving for pizza and expensive wine.

So, I ate the pizza and drank expensive wine. I still feel melancholy. What a wonderful word. I've never appreciated it before.

So I plop through the day. The kids at school still give me a thrill - that's nice. I think the homesickness will pass in a few days. We'll see. Till then I'll keep checking ticket prices on flights to Hawaii or the continental US.

I really wish this wasn't happening. I'd rather take a trip to Australia, New Zealand or some other place nearby. But I may have to go home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home